Tuesday, March 15, 2011

HC Cup =C

Spoiler: RJC won =(

But they were lucky and our seniors were not, so too bad. Like KSJ put it, 万事俱备,只欠东风. We needed the east wind =/
But that's the seniors' problem, not mine.

I am however rather upset over our last match with ACJC. I had played 3 rounds already and I wanted to take a break from thinking about bridge, take a look at the International Chess side and slack a bit in general, so I let Xin Chen, Muyun, Benjy and FX play against ACJC. I was sure they sucked (letting me make a 22 pt 3NT, ducking randomly for no reason, other fails) so probably a 25 vp round, so I was pretty relaxed. I was however nervous for Peter's team who was playing against RJC in the finals.

Then after the round finished, I went to check the scores, and OMG 2-18 IMPs and 10-20 vps. I was pretty speechless, and felt really bad about slacking off >.<
Further I heard about the 7!D-1 and it was GG. A slam swing to RJC for 16 IMPs resulted in the end score 40-28 >.< if it were a push they would have gotten champion for bridge -.-

So I felt super bad, and went to emo in some corner. Then TZH and Joseph called me over and passed me ACJC's bidding notes. I saw it and omg it was so lousy -.- and they asked how could we lose to them. When they played their score was 86-0 ._. and we got 2-18...... I really didn't know what to say as team captain; whether I should hold myself responsible or to just say "I wasn't playing against them"

TZH actually said "They left a present for you after you lost to them 10-20 so you can understand their bidding system." ......

Joseph: "The purpose of giving you this piece of paper is so that you remember what it feels like to lose." ......

............ I actually felt like crying and I went to hide behind the whiteboard and (didn't cry) emoed. Then I walked around the room for 20 minutes with my mind spinning before I went home.

............ But whatever. The past is the past, and what's important is that we head towards our futures... next year we will get back the HC Cup; that is our promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment