For people who don't know, I keep a list of SMO scores and ranking every year for future reference.
There are a few people who I'm interested in their mathematics standard, since it seems to be rather high (Yulin and Keying) but I don't really know them very well so I cant gauge by myself.
Thats where SMO results come in; of course its not a very good gauge, since it varies with the paper of that year, but I do get a rough idea of their standard.
Interestingly, I didn't find the people I was actually looking for; not that surprising because I know the PRC scholars in my batch are not very good at mathematics. On the other hand, I did find Lien (my angel) on the 2010 open category top 30 list (in fact she was 21st). That is rather interesting, because I never remembered her mentioning anything significant about mathematics in our letters.
Further investigation (stalking o.O) reveals that she's very brilliant at mathematics; 2008 Senior 7th and Open 14th, 2009 Senior 23rd, 2010 Open 21st. Strangely, I don't have any of her records before 2007, which I'll assume means she joined NYGH in S3. I did remember that 2008 Senior and Open papers were rather easy and 2009's paper was freaky hard, which pretty much explains her fluctuations in results, but its still very awesome -.-".
Anyway, all of this leaves me pretty speechless about myself -.-
I promised myself to get into top 30 in Open category this year, and this seems even more important now :P
Then again, after getting demoralized from AIME, sienzorxxxxx
Nevermind that, I will get what I promised to, just you wait for it!
No comments:
Post a Comment