Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Math Problem

Those who know me will know that I do math. =)
I am also learning under an organisation known as SIMO (very secretive. oh noes what does it stand for)
Anyway, they give homework, which is to solve problems, and here's one which I got:

Let O be the intersection of the diagonals of parallelogram ABCD and P be an interior point of the parallelogram. Let M and N be the midpoints of PB and PC respectively and let Q be the intersection of AN and DM. Prove that:
a. Points O, P and Q are collinear.
b. PQ = 2OQ

Looks familiar? Yep this looks totally like the Euler Line... except its in a parallelogram. Oh noez!
Maybe its not an Euler Line after all... Hmm!

Good luck for those trying to solve the problem.
Hint: It's not hard ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment