Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Isaac's House

Today I went to Isaac's house with some other people. Fan Yi wasn't invited though, because he is in China and therefore missed the fun. =(But dont worry, Isaac tried to invite you)

We played cards, Settlers of Catan and some computer games because it was raining really heavily and no one could go home so >.<

I arrived at 10:59 (yes punctuality ftw, supposed to get there at 11:00) and played 2-player bridge with Isaac. (in 2-player bridge, one player draws a card from the deck. if he likes it, he may keep, else he may discard into the discard pile and must take the next card. after he takes a card, the next player repeats the process, so both player should get pretty strong hands) I got a 10-point hand with 7 clubs headed by Q10, which sucks. At least I have a Spade void, so =) Whats more Isaac bidded 1C off AKJ, so I happily passed. Needless to say I won that. yay

After more people came, we played floating bridge. This is because no one there other than Benjamin and I knew how to play contract bridge properly, so blah. Nothing much interesting happened, except I got a lot of not-so-good hands, having washed like 4 times (twice in a row) -.-

When Benjamin came after lunch, we played Settlers of Catan. The first game had like 12, 3, 3, 4 on the ore patches so ore was in really short supply. With Benjamin stealing ore from MQ and making loads of development cards no one really could get any cities until we were nearly done with the map. Isaac and Benjamin were stoning at 9VP for like 60% of the game >.< and waiting for ore to make a city to WIN. ... If only they got less development cards, but oh well.

It started raining at 4. That sucked, because I can't go home. So I started playing computer games while the others continue playing Settlers. I played SC2 first. Colossus > roachydra (duh). I tried to do Zerg long distance mining in a proper match, but I realized it sucks because it just takes up too much micro to harvest both minerals and gas at once. So either you harvest only gas, or only minerals, both making it highly inefficient. Scratching this way of mining with Zerg for a long long time... until a nydus worm buff or smth o.O

After I got bored of playing SC2 I played RA3 for some time (no Yuriko rushes, ha ha) I went 2v2 with brutal AIs and nearly lost due to rustiness >.< Still won in the end despite uselessness of my ally (at least she didn't die) thanks to epic chronosphere usage. (chronosphere stuff onto your buildings to kill them, works wonders on soviet MCVs trying to expand ;P)

So in conclusion it was pretty fun, sorry for Fan Yi who missed it :P

No comments:

Post a Comment